The Second Continental Congress founded the Army in 1775; it is the oldest service of the United States military. Originally formed to protect the freedom of the first 13 colonies, the Army has evolved and grown from this small militia force into the world's premier fighting force.
The United States Navy claims 13 October 1775 as the official establishment, when the Second Continental Congress passed a resolution creating the Continental Navy.
U.S. Air Force
The United States Air Force became a separate military service on 18 September 1947 with the implementation of the National Security Act of 1947.
U.S. Marine Corps
United States Marine Corps (USMC) began with the founding of the Continental Marines on 10 November 1775 conducting ship-to-ship fighting, shipboard security, discipline enforcement, and assist in landings.
U.S. Coast Guard
The United States Coast Guard originated with the United States Revenue Cutter Service, founded on 4 August 1790 as part of the Department of the Treasury. .. In 1939, the United States Lighthouse Service was merged into the Coast Guard.
U.S. Air National Guard
The Air National Guard was not established as a separate reserve component of the U.S. Air Force until 18 September 1947. National Guard aviators have played significant roles in all of America's wars and most of its major contingencies since the First World War era.
U.S. Army National Guard
The Army National Guard began on December 13, 1636, when the Massachusetts Bay Colony organized three militia regiments to defend against the growing threat of the Pequot Indians.
On June 14, 1777, the Second Continental Congress passed the Flag Resolution which stated: "Resolved, That the flag of the thirteen United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation."
- The size truly surprised me … I didn't expect them to be quite so big and that was a pleasant surprise because you can really see the "Emblem" crisp and clear.
- They look GREAT! I'm getting hungry just seeing the pictures!
- The "Flag Cookie" is a great idea, too! Shall I bring the milk?
- Great Product for Military Families!!
Fund Raising Opportunities
Cookie Club of America has provided our U.S. Military Emblem Cookies to thousands of military personnel serving around the world, military hospitals, families and non-profit military support groups.
National Military Family Association
In 1969, our Association was founded by a handful of military wives who wanted to make sure their widowed friends were properly taken care of. Two short years later, the Survivor Benefit Plan became law, and the Association has been hard at work ever since.
What People Are Saying
- I was very, very touched to read about the 1100 boxes going to our Troops. You will warm many a soul, touch many hearts and bring hope to our boys! And girls! These folks are our beloved brothers and sisters, literally in your case! Thanks!
United States Postal Serve
The United States Post Office (USPO) was created on July 26, 1775, by decree of the Second Continental Congress. Benjamin Franklin headed it briefly. .. Rufus Easton was the first postmaster and built the first post office west of the Mississippi.
- I got my cookies, I got my cookies!!!!! They are fantastic! They are exactly the taste that I expected and I love them! ...if I'd had milk, I would have eaten the whole box!
Cookie Dimensions: - Diameter – 2 ½” x H ¼”